Many sizes and styles of all steel carports and garages.
Choosing between Vertical and Horizontal Roof systems:
We like to call it "Right Way" roofs versus "Wrong Way" roofs. 99.999% of all metal roofs on any type of building run vertically with the ribs running from the ridge to the gutter line. Vertical roofs are almost always a must in the wet NW to properly shed rain and to avoid damming from snow and tree debris. Vertical is a stronger option as purlins are added to turn the sheeting the right way. Vertical is the only way we suggest installing metal roofs in almost all situations. Horizontal roofs run the ribs from gable to gable. In order to shed rain, we must put a slight slope on the roof to one end or the other. Putting a slope on the roof also greatly weakens the structure overall as snow loads will not distribute evenly. The weight will always push towards the lower end. Horizontal roofs will not shed tree debris which will cause damming and will eventually cause leaks. There are certain situations where the horizontal roof may benefit you feeding the rain runoff a certain way. But in order to get the same strength as a Vertical roof pound for pound, it takes more upgrades to account for the slight slope which can cost you more overall. The base structure may be less, but it is a weaker design.
Why is the sizing different on Vertical versus Horizontal?
Vertical roofs do not come standard with gable end overhangs, so the overall roof length is the same as the frame length. A 12x20 Vertical roof building will be a 12x20 frame size as well. 12x25 Vertical roof is a 12x25 frame size.
Horizontal roofs will include 6-inch overhangs on both gable ends. So when you see a 12x21 Horizontal roof, that is a 12x20 frame size as well. 12x26 Horizontal roof is a 12x25 frame and so on.
Width will always be actual frame width from outside to outside of frame. And frame sizes are always outside to outside of framing as well.
Why should you buy your carport from ASFL?
1. We have been serving the Pacific NW since 1995 and we know accessory structures!!
2. We offer the best standard options in the business on all of the products we sell!
3. Our knowledge of local codes is very extensive. We can help you understand what does and does not require a permit and advise you of the possible issues that may arise should you choose to not get a permit on certain buildings. Don't be fooled by other dealers claiming these are temporary structures. That may be true in some areas of the country, but in most areas of the NW where we build, temporary means it's up for 2 weeks or less.
4. We can offer in house site prep services and concrete for any of the buildings we sell!!
5. We are a small family-owned business that's been right here in Western WA since day 1 and we truly appreciate our customers and know your happiness is the key to our success. Your complete satisfaction from start to finish and beyond is always our top priority. Our main business is repeat and referrals for a reason.
Designing and pricing your carport:
1. Choose your style, frame gauge and size on page 1 of the brochure. All base pricing is for a roof only structure w/ 6' legs. 12-gauge frame is suggested for all taller rv type structures, wider truss spans and higher wind and snow loads. All sizes are width x length. Width is your open gable ends. Length is your leg side also known as the bearing walls. Average truss spacing is 48"+/- standard. If you need a custom size, you will pay the next standard size price up. A 14'x23' building would be priced as an 18x25. Anything smaller than 12x20 will be priced as a 12x20. We do not attach any buildings to existing structures but we can build right up next to other buildings, and we can build over RV's at an extra cost.
2. On the 2nd page, choose a height you would like. The height is your leg height at the bottom of the truss at the shortest point. All roofs are vaulted and will grow in height towards the center. 4-12 pitch on buildings 24' width or less. 3-12 pitch on 26' wide or larger. Cross reference the leg height with your building length for price add on. Unlike most other builders in the NW, we include proper sized braces standard on every leg to truss connection. 2' braces up to 8' tall. 3' braces up to 12' tall. 4' braces on 13' and up.
3. If you wish to enclose your sides fully w. horizontally ran panels, cross reference your length and height to find pricing for closing in both sides. If you want to close in sides partially, you can purchase panels at each length installed individually. each panel is 3' in height. For vertical siding price, multiply cost by 1.5
4. To close in ends, cross reference your building width and your height to find pricing per end. Multiply by 2 for both ends. Ends cost more to close because framing is needed first. The sides already have the legs there for horizontal siding to attach.
5. To add doors and garage doors, you must first close in the wall with siding then add the door cost. Listed garage door costs are for doors installed on the width/gable ends of your building. Doors in the side/bearing walls will require additional headers to install. Please call for custom pricing.
6. Permitted buildings will require engineering as well as upgrades which vary from city to city and county to county. Loads can even change from one neighborhood in a town to another in certain areas. For us to properly design and quote a certfied structure for permitting, you will need to contact your local building department and ask for you wind and snow loads and then send us over that info.
Feel free to call or text Dana@ASFL in Sumner anytime for help w/ pricing out your structure or for answers to your questions.
Steel frame carports, garages, animal shelters, hay storage and more available now including free installation. Roof only structures to fully enclosed structures or anywhere in between. Many sizes, options and styles available. ASFL has over 25 years of experience in the permitting and construction of all types and sizes of accessory structures and will give you unparalleled support and knowledge when planning your carport or garage. Don't let your cars, trucks, recreational vehicles, boats, toys etc. continue to lose value sitting out in the rain and harmful UV rays. Protect your investments and cover them with a solid structure built to last. Engineered plans are available at an extra cost for homeowners who will be applying for permits on their oversized structures. Call today and start planning now.
Vertical Roof A Frame
Call/Text Dana in Sumner @ 253-266-5444
Horizontal Roof Rounded Style
***Lead times can increase quickly. Especially when the rain really starts. Lead times are not guaranteed installation times. They are an estimated time frame for your install and can double or triple or more as new orders come in. Currently 2 to 4 weeks out at this time as of 9/1/22.
10% down to order on most structures. Free delivery and installation to most parts of Washington and Oregon
Call or text Dana today with any questions regarding designs, permits and pricing @ 253-266-5444
Horizontal Roof A Frame
Vertical Roof Triple Wide
DIY kits are available at the same cost but do not include instructions. Please call Dana for more info. Kits are available for pickup in Chehalis WA.
Copyright © A Structure For Life * Sheds, garages and Carports | All Rights Reserved
1621 W Valley Hwy E Lot B, Sumner, WA 98390
Call or text Dana @ 253-266-5444 email: email@example.com